🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

References

Started by
1 comment, last by Newbie101 23 years, 9 months ago
I can''t find any web site for designers. All I can find is web sites for developers. Does anyone know of any really good designing sites that have references and stuff like that in them. Also what good designing books are out there if any. Any help is well wanted. And any encouraging words are welcome scince I am currently designing my very first game. Thanks all.
Proverbs 26:12------------------------------There is more hope for fools than people who think they are wise.
Advertisement
Heya. I consider this site to be awesome when you''re considering what a game needs to have. There are some other articles there as well that may help.

Gamasutra.com has some good stuff from time to time as well.

I''d recommend starting with something easy for your first few games. I think it''s a good idea to take something you like, study why and how it works, then see what happens when you change a few things. This way, you really find out what you know and won''t be overwhelmed as much by the process.

Oh, and post here a lot too. These guys are awesome!!!

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Don''t forget that if you go to the home page of gamedev.net you can click on "Developer Resources" then "Game Design" and you will find a lot of material on Game Design.

Also, when you go to gamasutra you will have to have a good look around. There''s some very good previous articles there.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement