🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Thread replies statistics

Started by
3 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 9 months ago
How about having in the forum stats page a display of who''s had the most replies to their threads. I''m thinking that this would encourage more people to make better threads/perhaps. It would show who is putting in the most effort to help make this site a better place for game developers too. I love Game Design and it loves me back. Our Goal is "Fun"!
Advertisement
I see I got you thinking

Nah, but really ... seems cool to me ...

BTW ... i just realized the recent messages section in my profile is not big enough ... I''ve posted over 10 messages today, and I usually use that section to follow up later .. no way I can track where I''ve been manually. But now I''m sure thre are one or two threads that have fallen off the bottom of my list, and I don''t know how to find them to follow up any extra questions they''ve got.

well.. g-night ... and if someone on staff can help me out ... feel free to email me .. or post the response right here.
last time I checked, there were stats as to the most replies to a thread - the Ribbon Campaign was #1, followed by the End Goblin Genocide one, ans so on. Besides, I can imagine a group of people just carying on a mindless "conversation" just to get the top ranking.

As for tracking your posts, use bookmarks. When I reply to a post, I bookmark it. Then when I come back, first I peruse through my bookmarks, reply as needed, stop tracking those I thing are dead, and then hit the forums for any new topics. try that, it should work a lot better.

==============================
\\// live long and prosper; \||/ die short and rot.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

No no, what i was talking about is a stat collection that shows how many replies you (individual) have recieved to threads you''ve started. Atm, it shows how many post you''ve done, but what about including how many replies you''ve recieved as well. I keep track of this by keeping all the emails in a directory in my inbox, but it would be nice to see how many replies other people get as well.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
oh. Gotcha.

\\// live long and prosper; \||/ die short and rot.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement