🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Whaddya Think?

Started by
5 comments, last by Newbie101 23 years, 9 months ago
I was wondering what others thought about a game idea I had(Be friendly, I''m new to design.) I had an idea for a game that would be based in the future. It would be an action/adventure game wich was basically a cross between Quake, Half-Life, and Galerians. At the start menu you would choose between either Normals or Mindlings(I know the names are lame.) As the Normals you would have to defend a base and sometimes convert to espionage for millitary secrets. As the Mindling you would constantly have missions like in Quake(intrude enemy base, kill, leave.) The only difference it would have from traditional FPS''s or Action/Adventure genres would be.... As the Normals you would have limmited controle of your mind and have to resort to everyday firearms and bombs and stuff. As the Mindlings you would have vast psychic powers. You would be able to make Normals brains explode from long distances and stuff. As for strength the Normals would be BIG honking guys that could kill a man just by punching him once. The Mindlings would be very scrawny and weak but quick and agile. Well what do you think?
Proverbs 26:12------------------------------There is more hope for fools than people who think they are wise.
Advertisement
I have no idea what Galerians is (I dunno a game of this name), ubt I know that your idea sounds pretty much like a MOD to me ... if you know how to code, why don''t you get a SDK and start messing with it ? (I would recommend HalfLife, the SDK 2 is sweeeeeet).
The idea sounds quite original to me, it would be kinda playing the slaves in Halflife ? I would love that

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Yeah i''d definitely play a game that sounds like that, too.
But the hard part is actually MAKING the game, almost everybody is able to come up with some idea for a game, but few are able to turn that idea into a game. Do you intend to program this game yourself? Or have a team do it with you?
Actually I am seeking a team. I am VERY new to game design/development so I know my idea is far off. I havent even finished my first design let alone know how to program but I''m getting there.
Proverbs 26:12------------------------------There is more hope for fools than people who think they are wise.
Anyone else in the gaming world have any thoughts about my idea?
Im just wonder how gallerians was. i never played it, but a friend of mine was showing it to me. is it a good game? im just curious.

-Luxury
Kind of. It had a great storyline. I only played bits of it. The fact of playing as a psychic is just appealing to most people.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement