🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[The Ethics of Game Design]

Started by
12 comments, last by aDasTRa 23 years, 9 months ago
quote: Original post by MadKeithV

Look at it this way:
Any idea posted here is public property, unless it has been previously copyrighted. If it HAS been previously copyrighted, it should be clearly mentioned in the message, because it may lead to people building off of these ideas, and ending up in legal trouble.

So does this mean that all i have to do is put a little "© 2000 by Luxury" in front of all of my posts relating to my own game designs?

most of the time...i am using this forum just to ask simple little questions and to help others out....most of the posts i likst have nothing to do with my own design. so this doesnt really concern me...but i would like to know that something i do is mine. (at least until i finish it and then its open for everyone)

-Luxury
(still doesn''t have the guts to put his game design online for everyone to see)
Advertisement
good points wavinator...you are right about our suggestions possibly helping others...

thanks for the replies; i really just wanted to see what others thought about the situation...and i did

<(o)>
<(o)>
I believe it was me talking about stealing the idea(s) that athena had had.

Even if it would be legal to steal the ideas, I think a trust system is something that needs to be kept .
The best way to have no one take you seriously is to say that you have a super-duper idea that''s so revolutionary you fear that people will steal it if you post it. IT''S BEEN DONE, trust me. If you want other people to help you or you''re looking for a publisher, you''ll probably have to TELL them what your game is.

Don''t be paranoid. It doesn''t look good on you.

------------------------------
Changing the future of adventure gaming...
Atypical Interactive
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement