🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Dreaming ? How to represent it ?

Started by
10 comments, last by DungeonMaster 23 years, 9 months ago
Ahw, I think it was alien 4 were the photographer applied some specific treatment to the film. Well the symbolic part might be usefull, as well as the lights. Anyhow this kind of effects might be very important to convey the appropriate moods. Not only in the dreams, but also to give specific moods for differents locations and moments...
I think you overlooked sound effects. Correctly used they may help to give an atmosphere.
Also thank you for the dreamland hint, I will look for it. (Do you think there might be a french translation ?)
------------------"Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius there was an age undreamed of..."
Advertisement
For Alien 4, it was all Carot and Jeunet, so the style was pretty much the same as in "La cité des Enfants perdus" (City of the lost children), and actually, that would be an excellent example of the kind of atmosphere you can create with the colors and costumes, etc ...
I was refering to the lights in the Alien 3, who are done by the same guy in Seven. You get this flickery, crappy film, dirty something style (check out a video of a band called Perfect Circle)

Mmmh, but does my examples help you anyway ? Do you se what I am talking about ?
I think it''s really about making a clear difference of graphic identity between RealLife, and Dream ... check out The Matrix, you jsut can''t miss it now that I told you.

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement