🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My Game Design (warning its long)

Started by
1 comment, last by Toine 23 years, 9 months ago
Its called SURVIVOR. Its gonna use the Unreal Tournament Engine (yeah right). The main feature is based on online multiplaying than single player. The modes are: Survival: (single or multiplayer on and offline where you fight to be the last man standing.) Tribe: (team based on and offline where you and your tribe run around and conquer land.) Deathmatch: (single or multiplayer on and offline where you try to get the most kills.) Capture The flag: (single or multiplayer same as the tribe but with a flag.) Weapons: Knife Phaser Hand Grenade Freezer Rifle 9mm Phaser Chain Gun Gas Grenade Magnum Tranqulizer Gun Mines Chain Gun Mega Cannon Buck Shot Sniper Rifle Pipe Bomb Assault Rifle with Grenade Launcher Lazer Trip Grenade Desert Eagle Proximity Grenade Rapid Fire Gun Flame Thrower Shotgun Lazer Guided Rocket Launcher EMP Grenade Mini Rocket Launcher Electric Beam Rifle Assault Beam Rifle Phaser Rifle Pulse Cannon Light Naplam Cannon Blade Thrower Uzi Grenade Launcher Machine Gun Naplam Cannon Automatic Shotgun Cross Bow with Scoope Tommy Gun Axe Mace Claws Gamma Rifle Plasma Rifle Nuclear Cannon Lightning Gun Be right back my UnrealTournament demo is done if its good im gonna buy it.
BLAH
Advertisement
Just a couple of questions:

1) How many keys will you need for all those weapons?!?!?! Or do you carry them around like inventory

2) What are you going to do that''s unique. If I have the choice to buy your game or Unreal, what would make me buy your game?

I think it''d be interesting to be able to bring in a ton of different weapons into a game. Many a time I''d have liked to drop laser trip mines and pipe bombs for that good ol'' fashion Duke Nukem feel.

How about this: Each side only gets certain weapons, like the different sides in Starcraft. They''d have to be balanced, but it could make for really different strategies during play.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Not to be offensive or anything, but I wouldn''t really call that a game design, just a list of play modes that are in every other FPS, and one helluva lotta weapons.

When someone looks over your game design, they should be able to envision what the game is going to be like... but yours doesn''t provide any details. I assume this is because it''s a very early version of the doc, but try to include everything you can think of... like how you''re going to implement all those weapons, hehe. Variety is always good, but a list that long really makes me wonder what sort of feasible implementation would pull it off.

-Ironblayde
Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement