🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ideas needed for small scale game with mecha..

Started by
16 comments, last by orionx103 19 years, 10 months ago
I'm a computer programmer and pixel artist (all in one, isn't it great!).. at the moment i'm working on a couple of game projects but once i've got these out the way i'm hoping to do something with mecha in it (u kno, those japanese style robots like you see in gundam wing..) the thing is i don't really have time to start any plot writing or design work as yet so i'm looking for a good original story if anyone is interested.. Bear in mind however, the game IS a small scale project (i.e. there's just gonna be me working on it so try to keep it.. well.. doable..) Any ideas people have will be well appreciatated.. Thanx peeps..
Advertisement
I've jumped on peoples' backs for this before. I fail to see how anyone could take you seriously when you type like that. Improve your grammar, then try again.
Quote: Original post by orionx103
I've jumped on peoples' backs for this before. I fail to see how anyone could take you seriously when you type like that. Improve your grammar, then try again.

Have you ever stopped and concidered his native language may not be English? I have seen many of your posts and you are rude and insensitive. Sit back and look at how you talk to other people. I don't give a damn if you can write perfectly and spell every word in the English dictionary flawlessly without reference, I have very little respect for you.

ArchangelMorph:
I believe you may be looking for Help Wanted. Maybe a mod will move it there for you. Good luck! [smile]
Quote: Original post by valkyr

Have you ever stopped and concidered his native language may not be English?

It says that ArchangelMorph is from Manchester, UK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the UK's native language English? Furthermore, he's in an English forum, so you'd think he would at least try to post in decent English. If nothing else, he could get a spell-checker to do it for him.

Quote:
I have seen many of your posts and you are rude and insensitive. Sit back and look at how you talk to other people. I don't give a damn if you can write perfectly and spell every word in the English dictionary flawlessly without reference, I have very little respect for you.

I was being blunt. I don't believe in sugar-coating things when it's not necessary. I doubt I hurt his feelings or anything like that. If he's mature about it, I'd say he'd re-post it with better graphics.

Whether you have respect for me or not doesn't bother me. I don't know you, you don't matter. Plain and simple.
It says that ArchangelMorph is from Manchester, UK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the UK's native language English? Furthermore, he's in an English forum, so you'd think he would at least try to post in decent English. If nothing else, he could get a spell-checker to do it for him.

People have moved to the UK from other countries, and besides, some people may have problems with languages, even if it is their native langauge. People's brains develop and leanr differently.

Quote:
I was being blunt. I don't believe in sugar-coating things when it's not necessary. I doubt I hurt his feelings or anything like that. If he's mature about it, I'd say he'd re-post it with better graphics.

You are doing the exact opposite of sugar coating, you are intentionally insulting other people's style of writing on the internet and asking them how they think anyone could take them seriously. If you don't want to sugarcoat comment on his idea and tell him you think more people may listen to him if he takes a little more time when writing, and not simply tell him to improve his grammar and try again.

Quote:
Whether you have respect for me or not doesn't bother me. I don't know you, you don't matter. Plain and simple.

This is an online community were people share ideas. How people treat others matters a lot. People listen to you if they respect you, not if you have a good grasp of the English language.
Ooo, off-topic flame war. Where's my popcorn?
That's why I stopped, but since you brought it up, I have plenty of popcorn to share. ^_^

(i.e. there's just gonna be me working on it so try to keep it.. well.. doable..) Any ideas people have will be well appreciatated.. Thanx peeps..

from archangel

Plus I do not see where every one will give him all these brilliant ideas for his mecha game and its just him taking the credit for it.
BullDogRacing27
Hmm I don't really know what Mechas do but I figured something out:) Future warfare and post nuclear stuff is always interesting (but sounds perhaps too much like Fallout).

It could also be two clans at war and different scenarios there, maybe one of the clans has kidnapped the other clans leader (princess maybe?) and the game rests upon bringing her back.. I think I mixed Mechwarrior 2 and Super Mario Bros there haha :)

Good Luck!
Orionx103:

Behave. Or at least say things like that more tactfully in future. His message was clear enough.

ArchangelMorph:

I've quite a bit of writing experience, and would be willing to discuss this further. I know absolutely nothing about Gundam Wing and the like, but since I'm currently living in Japan now might be a good time to learn ;)

Please see my thread "Writer Seeking Work" in the "Help Wanted" section of this forum, and send me an e-mail if you're interested.
-------------Hunted by allAided by noneUSS CarpathiaNCC-17499www.carpathia.tk - Starfleet renegades

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement