🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

X's Many limitations

Started by
0 comments, last by Teknofinity 23 years, 9 months ago
As many of you have probobly seen, I have posted many of the problems I am having concerning Direct X''s X file format. Has any one else noticed how retarded it is to have an Xfile, used only for DirectX, and not have a function that is part of D3D that will open it? Those of us that want to use Geometry X files are forced to develop functions on our own that open and read the file, and we cant even learn from the MSDN library cuz that sux too. I think that everyone will agree that they learned how to lead Xfiles from the example "Xfile" on the DirectX CD (Or whatever you have). But outside of the DX bashing I do have another (suprise, suprise) question to ask. I created an almost perfect replica of Princess Peaches castle (Mezzanine level) in 3DS, as a demonstration of how to create a level in 3DS (He is designing the maps for me for my Game "Savior 7" ) and I was running it through D3D and I got to wondering a few questions …. 1) MY Xfile Exporter plugin (3DS) wont export animations (option is there but is greyed),and I was wonding if this was because Xfiles cant hold animation data as of yet? 2) When I export levels and stuff the 3DS axis causes my models to be all screwed up ( in 3DS the Z axis is height and the Y axis is depth ) which causes my objects to look like they are sideways. 3) If I can get animation data into my Xfile then how do I load it? Be kind to your wives and girlfriends by leaving the breast and thigh examination to Colonel Sanders!!!!
Be kind to your wives and girlfriends by leaving the breast and thigh examination to Colonel Sanders!!!!
Advertisement
this is *NOT* the forum for this sort of topic, I am sure you''d be more comfortable in the DirectX forum ...

*kicks teknofinity out of the room* "and don''t you come back and talk like that in here again!"

-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement