🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What do the people want????

Started by
5 comments, last by DRS1 19 years, 11 months ago
I own a small game development company with big ideas. So big that they will take years to develope. Knowing this, I have decided to develope a small, but enjoyable, game. I have eliminated FPS, RPG, and RTS simply because of time. What I want to know is - "What do the people want?" Is there a game you wish a remake was done or is there a platform you like but not to many games developed with this style. I am open to any ideas you all may have. Please help. Thank You
Advertisement
Hi, I am not sure how small you will tolerate. I want to see Rodent's Revenge remade though. The version 2000 is not as good as the original. It feels rigid and the mouse can't go diagonal. It also doesn't have the original levels set.

The actual game I had in mind was Bonanza Bros.. thanks Endurion for reminding me the name of the game. Description of the game.

[Edited by - Estok on August 8, 2004 6:49:37 AM]
Well, I'm also developing a small game at the moment. Since I have limited resources I'm going with the seldom used Windows style interface. Essentaily the entire program is ment to appear as if you are running a windows application and using it to interact with the world.
I would like to see more modern platform games, there aren't any good platform games at all being released today and the sector is definitley in a downturn.

I would love remakes of old NES-style platform games (not Mario but there were lots of other games that were quite good, Dream Master as an example).

But I'm not sure people would want that, but I would :P
"What do the people want?"

Nobody knows. If anyone knows he would be rich already.
There's an old adage about not being able to please everybody, so a better question might be "what small games are there a market for?"

Targeting the mature market is one option. Those that have been using computers since the first home micros, but now have much less free time, would likely welcome smaller games in a "retro" style.

These could be 2D shoot 'em ups, puzzle games, arcade advantures (like Dizzy), platform games and the like.

Small games can be fun too, particularly if they're replayable after completion. If you can also include a level editor, then others could help increase the life of the game.
Thanks for the ideas. It sheds some light on the direction I should take.

If you all have any more ideas...keep'em coming.

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement