🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Theft game.(should it be made)

Started by
4 comments, last by Newbie101 23 years, 9 months ago
I have a great idea for a game were you commit theft. That''s all but the details but does anyone think it would sell. Most likely a FPS.
Proverbs 26:12------------------------------There is more hope for fools than people who think they are wise.
Advertisement
buy Thief I or Thief II. They are considered to be great games and sold pretty well too.
There was a game on the Amiga where you were a bank robber or something. I only had a demo, but you had to watch the building to start with and find out where all the rooms were and where the people went so you could plan your robbery better. And you could choose different escape cars depending how much cash you had.

That''s about all I can remember, but I''m sure it sold well. Can''t remember what it was called though. I think it was The Crime or something...
And in Grand Theft Auto you are a criminal. Great game.
i think we should let the poor man talk before telling him its already been done, and done well. what would make your game different or better than the previously metioned games?
My game would be the opposite of Perfect Dark or Goldeneye. Instead of being hte good guy you would be the bad guy, but unlike most would think you wouldn''t wait around and scan the area. you would be given the choice to take part in missions. You would be a loner at first, picking places, running in, frieking everyone out and having them all drop to the ground, killing the "would be heros", taking the cash and running like heck. Then as you earned yourself a name you would be asked by ganges if you wanted to help them break into places and rob stuff. The banks would become more sophisticated(turreted guns and advanced alarms). Then after loads of fast run, rob, and gun action you would take on Fort Knox. Basically you would control how long you played. You could retire anytime and would have to buy equipment for advanced missions. Like rooftop entries and stuff. Sound cool? I thought it would be sweet to play.
Proverbs 26:12------------------------------There is more hope for fools than people who think they are wise.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement