🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Discussion forum feature suggestion

Started by
14 comments, last by Harvester 23 years, 9 months ago
how about a checkbox that will allow us to be notified whenever a post is added to a topic? I''d really like that, so that i can check in whenever there''s something new to check in topics that i''ve taken part, and where i was not the original poster. Its also usefull, ''cause i''ve seen topics i''m intrested in watching, but i sometimes forget to check in... and when i do, i see a few thousends post more (for the topics level, not the main divisions...)
... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEM..... SpLaSh!...Could this be what we stand like before the mighty One?Are we LeMmIngS or WhAt!? ;)
Advertisement
Wow, kiallos ellinas

Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic
Join the Game Developers RuneRing !
The Specular Lightosis Research Fund
This is a message from God: "Rebooting the universe, please log off."
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
That''s what bookmarks are for...
I''m having some problems with my bookmarking. I bookmark a topic by clicking on "Bookmark topic" and it takes me to the bookmark list and says that nothings been bookmarked? Is it one of those things that don''t change until you log off/log on like the user profiles?

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Still its far more convinient to be notified by email. I can''t just keep some hundreds of bookmarks, just because of this.... and i don''t think Explorer would like it either

Whatever, i''m just mentioning that i''d like to see a feature like that.

... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEM..... SpLaSh!...Could this be what we stand like before the mighty One?Are we LeMmIngS or WhAt!? ;)
It would definity be more user friendly!!!

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Bookmarks work fine for me. No problems (except the "new posts since last visit" doesn''t quite work) and convenient.

-Jussi
You just click on "bookmark topic" at the top of the page here don''t you?

Our Goal is "Fun"!
quote: Original post by Paul Cunningham

You just click on "bookmark topic" at the top of the page here don''t you?

Umm... yes. That doesn''t work for you?

-Jussi
Bookmarks sometimes don''t work on the first go. Click on "Bookmark Topic" and check if it is in the list. If not, just click on back in your browser and hit "Bookmark Topic" again. So far no topic resisted my bookmarking attempt twice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement