🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Idea to Design, tutorial/list of steps?

Started by
0 comments, last by Whirlwind 23 years, 9 months ago
Ok, let''s say I have an idea - Joe snuffy needs to cross hills, forests, rivers, mountains, and streams to get a magic stick from the evil goblins. I know who, what, when, where, and why should start applying, as should look and feel for the graphics which ''set up'' the user interface look and feel. You''d then start working from the general to specific, with the concept being spread amongst teams, after the graphics look is decided upon. Any one have a list a ADS person like me can use to do this with?
Advertisement
Well, I have you got all the ideas for the gameplay worked out (?). What enemy uses what attacks when, what does the player do, what are the relative advantages and disadvantages of each of these moves. From what you have posted you sound like an artist, asking how the graphics should look.

If you want some help with design and "learning" how to work on gameplay.

Check out the gamedesign speech at www.dperry.com

Read the book Game Design: Secrets of the sages by Marc Saltzman,

Find the book called Game Architecture and design.

Find the Link to the Art of Computer game design by Chris Crawford (find the link to the website which gives you this link, that is), this will be in Wavinator''s topic about the patent in the Game Writing forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement