🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What about Vampire Games?

Started by
7 comments, last by Supreme 23 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys, I would like to know what do you think about vampire games and what you are seeing as Features in a Future RPG Top-Seller... Yeah... some kind of market study here Thank you for your reply!
"What is best for a Quote than this : BLANK"
Advertisement
Hmmm, I don''t know about a dedicated Vampyre game, but my game will certainly have an undead element in it. Vampyres are cool for putting in games, just watch a bit of Buffy and be inspired

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft
"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy"
IOL (The list formerly known as NPCAI) - A GDNet production
Our Doc - The future of RPGs
Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche
I don''t know if either of you have noticed, but a very good Vampire based RPG was released not too long ago. And there''s a Buffy title in development to boot. Starting a vampire game now would like more than a little like follow the leader...

Jonathan
Okay, I undestand your point because of Vampire: The masquerade by Nihilistic, Buffy and company...

But our games has been designed 2 years ago before Vampire: The masquerade and all theses other cliché titles. Sorry but i did not like Vampire: The masquerade that much and we will not put a clone on the market either. So I dont think that follow the leader is a good expression for us. We want and we are innovative on many points but that you will only see in our final release (hehehe... I dont want to give the punch away! )

Anyway, Vampire: The masquerade could have been better in my humble opinion than it is if the guys would have put maybe 6 months more on the developement process fixing some bugs instead of releasing patches. I think that patches are the plague of the gamer. Who wants to download tons of patches to make his game bug free? As I known nobody.

Anyway all I want is your opinion about what would you like to see improve in a Vampire RPG game or in other RPG games theses dont have to be vampire type of game.

Oh yeah I forgot... how many platform or shooter type game is on the market ? duh follow the leader dudes ? If it is having a lot of copy sold and a good game to follow the leader... is this not the dream of any good game developer? Think about it.

Anyway ... just to let you know, our alpha version will be out around December so I will let you judge by yourself if we have made another clone or not.

Thank you and forgive me to be that direct. I did not take that comparison to Vampire: The masquerade very well...

Well they both have Vampire in the title, and that''s awfully convenient considering the success of the Vampire: The Masquerade game, isn''t it? Even if you don''t like it!

But that aside - I''m all for Vampires ( what do you think the V stands for in my name huh ), but what exactly constitutes a "Vampire Game"?

I''d like you to tell me, so I know what you mean.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Okay, i agree that Vampire: The masquerade was a success great!

Okay what I mean by a Vampire game is more like a 3rd person RPG type of game where the hero is a vampire or where you can have the choice to be a vampire or not... so a game where you can choose on wich side you are...

That was the point I was talkin about

I really liked the whole soul sucking aspect in Soul Reaver (even though I don''t believe that it is a part of the vampire mythology). I havn''t played Vampire: The masquerade so I don''t know if this is in there but, I like the concept of putting people in a trance and making them your henchmen (the way dracula could seduce all of those women ). On the flip side I don''t really care for turning into a bat, can''t explain why sorry.

-Prairie
Yeah I admit that I also love the soul sucking principle It is not primary into the Vampiric philosophy as it is in Legacy of kain (A pretty good game btw!). But what makes the vampire worst than a simple serial killer is that he is having the capability of robbing mortals souls.

I''ve been working on a kinda-vampire game for the past year. Go see two or three pics from it on the new www.landfish.com. This ends the shameless plug portion of our program...
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement