🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2d perspective view

Started by
2 comments, last by Bleakcabal 23 years, 9 months ago
I am writing a small bard''s tale/eye of the beholder/Might And Magic II, III clone and I would like to know if anyone know specifications for creating images for such a game. I have created them myself but I am no artist and the perspective is all screwed up, I later found out I had to make the skyline begin at half the screen but I am still having troubles finding the right proportions. Is there any set numbers for this ? Do anyone know where I could find any information on this ? There doesnt seem to be any on the GameDev site or other common game programming sites ? Also if you are interested in helping with the art I have just recently posted a post in the help wanted section.
WHO DO THEYTHINK THEY'REFOOLING : YOU ?
Advertisement
I dont really think there is a set of numbers for anything. although if you are making all the graphics with a 3d modeler, you can set the camera angle for all the renders to a certain degree. this would really be the only thing i could imagine. although, if you are actully drawing all the graphics that might be a little tougher to complete.

I dont know if this is what you wanted exactly but I really am sort of guess interpreting the question. hope it was of some help.

Allow the flaming to begin
Conshape Electronic Arts
Sorry for not being any clearer, I just wanted general tips, I redesign some of the graphics and they are better, but I am going to ask some artist-type friend of mine to draw some gfx.
WHO DO THEYTHINK THEY'REFOOLING : YOU ?
just do some experimenting, you will find a happy medium

Allow the flaming to begin
Conshape Electronic Arts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement