🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The big test of time

Started by
2 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 9 months ago
I''ve started a thread in the Lounge called "Which games have stood up to the test of time". NO, this is not an effort to make the worlds biggest thread ok. I seriously want to know why certain games have lasted better than others. I would have put it here but i wanted as many replies to anaylse as possible. Please don''t hesitate to have a look and speak your mind. I''ll also try to stop the thread from turning into a list where no one really talks. It is a discussion thread. Enjoy! "So your the one that designed that game are you?" *Gulp* "Umm, yeah"
Advertisement
Gameplay and story.

They were the key points of those success.

Additionnaly, music.

Most of the time they give us more freedom than the other games, and because noone gave us as much or more freedom sofar, they still last.

It might be interesting for each of us to tell why a particular title last long.

All IMO.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
I don''t know personally. There''s games that used to have great gameplay and there''s really no point why i don''t enjoy them much any more. Maybe i played them out too much when i was younger. I play Gauntlet these days and i wonder what on earth i ever thought was so good about this game. I tend to think it was becuase it was new in it''s time (perspective, sounds, multiplay etc). But it really died in the butt.

"So your the one that designed that game are you?"
*Gulp* "Umm, yeah"
One thing I notice is that I can''t play MAME for that long. The games just aren''t that deep. I guess it''s an effect of growing older, but now that I''m not as much into Double Dragon style button mashing I want a game that uses my Int more than my (-4 ) Dex.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement