🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Teh Outcast Chronicles

Started by
3 comments, last by desperado107 19 years, 9 months ago
Hey, new here. I thought I'd make my first post by writing down a sort of plot/preview of the game-to-be The Outcast Chronicles! Without firther to do, here's the plot/preview! Rejection. Everyone recieves it from time to time. And it's usually caused by a very good reason, too. However, for Zane Farrow, it's a small bit different. You see, Zane lives in a world where good and evil is divided so specifically that the land in which the light dwells is prosperous and joyous wheras the darkness is dead and hated. Villainy is battled daily by heroes from the light side. In fact, you're either a hero or a villain, never both. However, Zane is different. For some odd reason, Zane was born as a mixture and for that he is hated. You see, within the Kingdom Light, he is considered deadly and evil. Within the KIngdom Dark he is considered a good guy. So, naturally, he is pursued by both evil minions and the king's assassins. You would think that he would haven given in by now, right? wrong. While barely escaping the clutches of Klairn's mighty grip, Zane stumbles upon a tomb buried deep within the sand (he stumbles upon a small pit which leads to the temple.). Inside the tomb is what seems to be an old, broken, dull sword. Unable to decipher the ancient languages inscribed upon the sword's holding place, he simply takes the sword and leaves. What Zane doesn't know is that the sword he now possesses is the Sword of Souls. What it does is whenever he encounters another living being, their souls are converted to match that of the sword's owner. This is seemingly VERY dangerous. One, Zane is now converting every human he comes in contact with unknowingly and two, both Klairn and the King will be wanting his newfound blade for their own usage. So what's in store for our hero/villain? While he cheats death time and time again, he seems to be accidentally turning everyone he sees into something different. Those of the Light will break rules, those of the Dark will follow them. Even animals and the elements are affected! What you can expect is adventure, mystery and mayhem. All the great qualities of a good rpg :D. Of course, everything's still in the planning stages, so nothing's set in stone. Zane and his sword, however, have been a storyline I've kept with me for a very long time. It wasn't until recently that the dev team I'm with suggested that we make a series of games off of Zane.We know will invlove the undead because that just may be the ONE thing that scares Zane to no end. Another was where vile weeds take over kingdoms and consume lands. Who knows. tell me how you like it ^_^ (be kind, I'm new XD)
Advertisement
You could give the good people wings and halos, and you could give the bad people horns and a tail. You could say that the sword of Souls bestows upon these theoretical creatures a human soul. I guess the practical point of this is that in a game you'd have to be able to distinguish who is good and who is bad, and who is in between.

C.
Oh, I know. I used to draw a lot and when drawing Zane and his adventures, I made sure you knew who was evil and who was good. I mean, Klairn wears this dark mask and is cloaked with this shadowy cloak that doesn't act much like clothing (in fact, when he walks, he leaves a trail of dark fire behind!)

And when we see the good, they usually wear things all white or a very bright yellow. I think everything is distinguishable. I especially love how I designed Zane.

Zane has long hair thats pulled back. Through it are vertical strips of black and white. He wears a bandanna around the bottom half of his face(black). His shirt is black, but one sleeve is white and it follows down his arm all the way to his hand. His other sleeve is black, but it looks slightly different. He wears white, baggy cargo pants? Ok, maybe his design isn't true to the fantasy setting, but I wasn't thinking of that when I made him. It doesn't matter much, they don't look TOO modern.
The reason Zane is half-and-half could simply be that he had one evil parent and one good parent.

This sounds like it coud be a fun game if you take time to intelligently explore the issues it presents and don't make it too cliche. Kind of reminds me of the space quest series. :)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

actually... that's EXACTLY how I explain it to people. his mother was good while his father was evil. However, his mother never knew he was evil until right before he died. I know the plot may sound cliche(d?) but I looking at all the things that happens to him and what he encounters will, hopefully, be different.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement