🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Poking fun at the genre

Started by
4 comments, last by Avatar God 19 years, 8 months ago
We've all played those wonderfull NES and SNES RPG's, and I'm sure alot of us have read 8bit theater. I was wondering if there have been any games of the RPG style that don't take themselves so seriously. Other than Earthbound for SNES, I really can't think of any.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Advertisement
Not for the NES or SNES.... but Anachronox poked fun at many aspects of RPG games, from the often arbitrary nature of mini-quests to the limited and looped nature of NPC dialog.
ok. yes. my friend was telling me about that. isn't that a quake 3 mod at heart? Sorta like elite force, but with less shooting?
Not at all. It uses the Unreal engine and doesn't play at all like an FPS. Check it out; it's a little dated, but still IMHO one of the most underrated games of all time.
Quote: Original post by Sneftel
Not at all. It uses the Unreal engine and doesn't play at all like an FPS. Check it out; it's a little dated, but still IMHO one of the most underrated games of all time.

I'm downloading the demo now.
Quote: Original post by PnP Bios
...Earthbound for SNES...
What an amazing game that was! I loved it!
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement