🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

commented code

Started by
1 comment, last by Myopic Rhino 19 years, 8 months ago
hi. well, i have another question: how well commented should be the code? i have a lot of algorithms made by myself that they are not quite standard. should i comment them in detail? some tools i use for pre-processing are pretty complicated. should i comment that code too? when i'm submitting the demo, can i insert some readme files for the project and the tools and how they are used together? because in that 50 words description you can get an idea about the program, but not how it really works and wich are the most interesting parts of the code. so if qualcomm is interested only in the program itself, then is no big deal, but if it is interested in coding techniques then you really should put there at requirements a short documentation too. another one will be: i understand that they can do anything with my program, but can i use it in my future programs? or it will become property of qualcomm and i can't use that again?
Advertisement
hi. well, thanks for being so helpful.
alir was supposed to post some guidelines for this, but we've all been swamped supporting developers for a demo this week. I'll follow up with him tomorrow.

Dave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement