🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Thread watching...

Started by
3 comments, last by SeanHowe 23 years, 8 months ago
I know this has been suggested before, but I thought I''d suggest it again because I don''t see that anything has been done about it... I''d like to be able to receive email when a thread that I didn''t start is updated. I hate having to check every single thread I''ve participated in whenever I log on to see if they''ve been updated. Also, there''s another less evident use for this. For example, I just went on away for a bit, and by the time I got back some of the threads had disappeared to near the bottom of the list on the forum page. Now, call me lazy, but I REALLY didn''t feel like going back and trying to find all of the ones I had been tracking. If you''ve ever tried to find a post on the lounge page when you can''t remember its name, you know that it''s not fun at all So, anyway, if it''s not too much trouble to add, I think quite a few of us would enjoy this feature
Advertisement
You can bookmark threads you''d like to follow - there''s a mechanism for that both in your browser and on GameDev...

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
The bookmarks were added to fill exactly the need you''ve mentioned. We''re not going to add e-mail notifications because they''d be redundant, and they would put an unnecessary strain on our e-mail server (I''d guess that adding this would increase the number of messages it sends by at least 10x).
Well, I''ll be darned. I didn''t even notice the bookmark feature. Thanx!
AP was me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement