🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Unfinished Storyline

Started by
2 comments, last by dhasenan 19 years, 8 months ago
I am looking for a great story line and all i got is this if someone helps me on this their name will be on the credits. A band of troops has gone out to fight the Germans(Nazi) from the coast the United States, they left,from the order of the president. As they traveled opn their airplane they were shot down all but one died in the terrible crash on the island of the HQ of the nazi. The only way he can survive is to head to the nearest radar site to inform the president to cancel the order of the bombing of the island. Thats all i have, your work will be appreciated.
"All beings came from Chaos" -Romans"Veni, Vidi, Vici"- Julius Caesar
Advertisement
What island ever hosted Nazi headquarters, and one so important that the President himself would order its destruction? Why would spec ops be called in over an airstrike, and if there's a compelling reason, why was an airstrike called in after the first spec ops mission failed? Why would the President be the one to order the airstrike? How would the soldier in question contact the President from that radar site? Why would the President spare the single soldier's life if the destruction of the base was that important?

I suggest something similar, but more believable. Something that's somewhat based on history.

First, the Nazis waged a land campaign for the most part; Japan had naval power and took islands. You could either move the setting or change the cast. I think the story would work better if you put it in the Pacific, with the Japanese as the enemy.

Second, if their airplane was shot down, it probably wouldn't have landed close enough to the island for any of the soldiers to survive. If it did, it's still terribly unlikely that any lived. Why not have the soldiers parachute out--but the main character had an issue with his gear and dropped late--and then the plane's immediately shot down? Show this in the intro, make it clear that the base doesn't have any idea whether the spec ops guys landed or not. They'd probably have to have a comm blackout in order to get in without being noticed. (The player won't know much about the mechanics of the plane, but suffice it to say it's a stealth plane that wasn't quite as stealthy as it should have been. I'd put a few notes around the base, reporting radar anomalies that could correspond to a stealth plane, or show it in the intro.)

Next you show that most of the spec ops team was ambushed and killed. This turns it from a multiple-char RPG like Final Fantasy into an FPS. It also gives the player another potential goal: rescue the other surviving teammate from the Japanese. Then they have an ally.

Of course, you could make this a radar station off the French or Norwegian coast, and there's still the matter of why the spec ops guys are there in the first place, and whether the player should or can attempt to complete that mission. Email me at dhasenan -at- gmail -dot- com -- I'd like to be the lead writer for this game. Just tell me what you want from it, and I'll see if I can oblige.
I dont know Thats why i need ed someone to make a storyline of some random war.

And besides the game is not going to be on a war in history.
"All beings came from Chaos" -Romans"Veni, Vidi, Vici"- Julius Caesar
Then why don't you email me and we'll see if we can work something out?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement