🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

submitting a portfolio

Started by
1 comment, last by Lysander 19 years, 8 months ago
Before submitting my portfolio and resume to a gamming industry who is hiring beginning freelance writers, how much experience is expected? I’m not ready to submit anything at this time, but I would like to have something to aim for. So far I’ve only had a few things published, but nothing with an accredited institution. Also any suggestions for accredited publication would be appreciated. So far it’s been suggested for me to get established with “The New Yorker”, any comments on that; any other suggestions? Do you think that any writing experience looks good in a portfolio, or should it only include the material and experience relevant to gamming?
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure that with employment in general, any prior professional experience is better than none, regardless of whether it is directly related to the field you wish to enter.
It's incredibly difficult to get published in The New Yorker; you should try aiming a little lower to start.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement