🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Kingdom-3. Welcome!

Started by
16 comments, last by Archi 19 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to my site! http://www.kingdom-3.narod.ru It's about strategic game, made by me using Delphi. Please, visit it and express your opinion.
Advertisement
You come to an English site expecting us to able to read Russian?
Quote: Original post by orionx103

[flaming]Did he offend you by sharing his site? Let me get this straight, because it is not useful to you, you think the rest of the english speaking world cannot find any value in it?

For those that speak English and only English, there are many useful tools out there for us to use, to shrink if not destroy the language barrier between us and other countries. Google has web page translation. They don't have Russian to English, but using there wonderful search engine i found this listed first...

http://www.systranbox.com

This site, (and others) can translate even more languages than google can.

Wow what a world we live in today!! [grin]
Quote: Original post by Agentidd

[flaming]Did he offend you by sharing his site? Let me get this straight, because it is not useful to you, you think the rest of the english speaking world cannot find any value in it?

Yes.

Quote:
For those that speak English and only English, there are many useful tools out there for us to use, to shrink if not destroy the language barrier between us and other countries. Google has web page translation. They don't have Russian to English, but using there wonderful search engine i found this listed first...

http://www.systranbox.com

This site, (and others) can translate even more languages than google can.

Wow what a world we live in today!! [grin]

Oh, I know there are translators. They just tend to mess everything up. If he wants to have a somewhat more accurate site intended for those who speak English and only English, he should do it himself.
Quote: Original post by Agentidd

[flaming]Did he offend you by sharing his site?

Yes.
Oh, I know there are translators. They just tend to mess everything up.

Then you are no more than a chauvinist. I see no reason to make the holy war on this topic, but when I follow the link like http://something.it, I am not angry with someone when site appears to be in italian.

If he wants to have a somewhat more accurate site intended for those who speak English and only English, he should do it himself.

It could be better if you entitled your post with that sentence ;)
I'll try to drop a line to topic starter regarding english version for his website, since I know russian perfectly ;)
Wow, I make two remarks and I'm down 20 rating points.

But, let me clarify something real quick. When I said, "Yes," I was responding to the second question in that paragraph: "Let me get this straight, because it is not useful to you, you think the rest of the english speaking world cannot find any value in it?"
But, let me clarify something real quick. When I said, "Yes," I was responding to the second question in that paragraph: "Let me get this straight, because it is not useful to you, you think the rest of the english speaking world cannot find any value in it?"

Oh, you made it clear for me. I suppose the language barrier is still strong enough and I wonder if people could contact telepatically ;)

I didn't rate you anyway. The difference in opinions would not make me think of one worse.

PS Hope that would not result in holy nationalistic wars. Perhaps Mamont1537 (the topic started) could provide an english language support for his website (I've looked through them, there's not much text there, even including forum), or at least give a link to pages/images/binaries with english.

As for me: in my last started topic I gave a link to a binary (which contains but does not show cyrillic) and screenshots(which contained no cyrillic, too), while not providing a link to a website (which does not support i18n yet).

GameDev.Net is the most popular place for the game developers all over the world. I've seen here people almost from every point of the planet (no one from Antarctida, though ;)), so to my mind it could be better if we all give a try and understand each other better. In fact, we don't differ greatly sicne we all belong to homo sapiens,... sorry, gotta stop flaming. ;)

This is indeed a bit unfair. Even though the others were right. If his site is incomprehensible to you because of the language barrier, just make a remark.
Nevertheless, I'll try to rate you up a bit [wink].
Quote: Original post by darookie

This is indeed a bit unfair. Even though the others were right. If his site is incomprehensible to you because of the language barrier, just make a remark.

I did just make a remark. It's just not the one that everyone wanted to hear.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement