🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Memory size

Started by
0 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 19 years, 7 months ago
Quote: from Contest Rules total memory size: ~1M
What exactly is meant by total memory size? - Total size of all files on disk? - Total size of program in memory? (As read out at the bottom of the simulator or by pressing ###9) - Total size of program in memory + all assets in videomemory? Regarding the last point; I've noticed texture data that has been 'uploaded' into the OpenGL server does not show up in the total memory reported. I myself thought that the available memory would be shared between program and video, and that therefore uploaded textures would show up as used memory. Could someone clarify this a little please?
Advertisement
The guideline is a little vague intentionally. We're not going to strictly enforce the size limit. Commercial phones based on the target platform for this contest will have at least 3-4 MB of heap space available for applications, but that amount will have to be shared among all applications. Storage space should be quite a bit more. Our main concern is how much memory you use at runtime. Try to keep it around a meg.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement