🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MMOPOS

Started by
31 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 8 months ago
well, as for the word karma, I meant it only as a short word to use to mean your goodness. The ''gooder'' you are when you go to the afterlife the easier it will be to be ressurected or reincarnated, and the less you will be penalized when you do go to the afterlife. But if you are reincarnated you won''t know your past life unless, say, you go to a psychic and delve deep in to your mind... getting kind of touchy here with the religious aspects and such.
Okay, the afterlife area could be like a major training area. Because you are already dead, then you don''t have any health. But you are now a spirit, so you should be able to tap into the vast spiritual power and be able to have almost infinite magic ability (with the magic that you have learned, not all magic in the world). Also, what if you could walk amongst the living as a spirit. You would be limited, i.e. you couldn''t talk to anyone or touch anything and noone could see you or you couldn''t go into areas protected against spirits by spells and such. Also, there could be living people who are seers that can see you when you are a spirit and communicate with you.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
That is a very novel concept. I think I might be adding that to my afterlife notes. You can influence the living by using spells that you have learned and can talk to them in their sleep or something. Could be interesting . I can see a whole game based around a spirit rather than a being

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

capn-midnight-

Which thread was that? (that you saw the underworld idea in) I was the one that posted the original (BTW- to anyone else reading this- 90% of what he''s saying are his ideas; I''m not trying to instigate anything this time ) and I''d like to dig it up again, since its relevant to my current project.

If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal
If you see the Buddha on the road, Kill Him. -apocryphal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement