🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Any Ideas? Need Help Startin Off

Started by
1 comment, last by EricTrickster 19 years, 7 months ago
Hey Im designing a flash game simalar to the one from this link http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/201306 and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a game that I could make? I have been brain storming this for several days and cant seem to come up with a good story line so thought that maybe you guys could help me out? any ideas? [Edited by - toye on November 27, 2004 1:21:28 PM]
Advertisement
You'll need to set some guidelines before anyone can help you. Do you want it to be funny, or serious (a lot of those flash games are comical)? Do you want it to be more of a gimick, or actually have good gameplay (most of the comical ones are pure gimick)? What kind of game do you want to make? Genre?
This is just hard to take seriously as it stands. To rephrase it simply: "I want to make a game but don't have an idea. Can you give me one?"

What do you like about the game you linked to? What don't you like? How would you do it differently? If you could change the style/format (rpg, fps, etc.) of it, what would you change it to? Would you add characters? Take away characters? Would you want a more involved story? Would you make it simpler?

What ideas for games have you thought of yourself? Have you started any of them? If not, what stopped you? If so, what do you like about what you've done so far? What don't you like about what you've done, and you'd like help with?

Just questions to get you going.
[font "arial"] Everything you can imagine...is real.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement