Advertisement

Laptop graphics card problem...

Started by December 04, 2004 03:56 PM
5 comments, last by Cypher777 19 years, 9 months ago
I have a problem with toggling out of fullscreen mode on my laptop, which is a Compaw Evo N800w with a Mobility Fire GL 9000 graphics card with the latest drivers (I think). The problem is that after I toggle out of fullscreen mode, it doesn't completely exit fullscreen mode. Instead, it displays a window that takes up the entire screen, and the proportions of my desktop are out of whack (bigger than they really should be). I think that it's switching to a window, but not disabling the fullscreen mode. I have tried one of the fullscreen fixes listed in lesson 28 to no avail. Here is an image showing the problem, notice that the window is taking up the ENTIRE screen: http://img129.exs.cx/img129/2515/c7untitled.png
I think the ChangeDisplaySettings(NULL,0); call should restore the standard desktop properties, are you sure you are calling it?

Perhaps you could post some of your toggle-code?
Advertisement
Whoops, forgot to mention. NeHe's exact lesson 1 base code was used.
Windows and gfx driver updates should fix it, do you have this problem with games too?
And have you got the latest firegl drivers or are you working with radeon drivers (bad idea)?
Yes, laptop has been updated with latest FireGL drivers from manufacturer's (Compaq) website.
Try OmegaDrivers
Advertisement
The Omega Drivers suggestion is a good one, but I'm developing software that will run on many versions of the same Laptop (all Compaq Evo N800w with identical hardware), and I want to minimize the amount of driver switching that has to be done. Basically, I am looking for a code solution, rather than completely switching everyone to different hardware drivers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement