🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Evolution?

Started by
7 comments, last by LobsterMan 23 years, 8 months ago
See, the way I see it, games have not evolved from the one celled bacteria from which they were spawned. They still cannot sexually reproduce, and they definitely do not respond well to water. Well, anyway, regarding the graphics: (wait, should that be a semi-colon or a colon(not the organ)) (wait, is there a hyphen in semicolon? Eh, forget it). Anyway, concerning graphics... which would you rather see, an ugly (but delicious and complete) steak, or a big, fat and attractive cow? Personally, I like steak. Damn analogies! Always making their way into my brain! Well, continuing on, gameplay... Oh boy... This is the most talked about topic in my mind (not IN my mind, this is used in the context of a sentence like "in my mind, the best game ever is...) ... So, I was considering ignoring it, but at the advice of my lawyer... Wait, did I say lawyer? I meant hamster... Well, here goes... 40% of all games I've ever played have had horrible gameplay and/or plots. Examples of these include: Quake, ooh let's kill aliens that look like they came out of my fridge!; Boob Raider, I haven't played it, but a friend has, and from they way he describes it, I can only guess it is EXTREMELY dumb, and only created so pathetic lonely perverts can marvel at the size of a digital girl's "software"; and of course the crowning achievement of idiocy: Warcraft...a poor attempt at a rational thought, and ever since I have played it, I have felt...stupider somehow... Well, this is LobsterMan signing off! Edited by - LobsterMan on 10/20/00 6:11:08 PM
WARNING!In case of severe emergencies, never rule out smashing your head on the keyboard.
Advertisement
Such cohesive thought''s bewilder me Lobsterman. By the way, whats your area of interest in game development? Cause i''ve got no clue in the world what it could be by what you were saying. Let me guess though.. you''re a player who thought he''d see his chance to unload on those trying their damnest to make a game. Hmmm, heard this before.

"So you're the one that designed that game are you?"
*Gulp* "Umm, yeah"
Padded rooms, and men with white coats.

--Nazrix is cool.
Let me guess... Warcraft, you played it A LOT ?
Lobster, I didn''t understand much that you were saying, but tell me where I can get some of that crack you''ve been smokin

-Run_The_Shadows
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com
obviously you never played

"LobsterMan in the forum of doom"

it''s a great game, tragic ending though...

j/k
Stream-of-consciousness stuff like that belongs in the writers'' forum.

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

The following sentence is true.
The preceding sentence is false.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
OHG, i''m in stitches of hyseria here. This is too funny for me *crawls out the door laughing*

"So you're the one that designed that game are you?"
*Gulp* "Umm, yeah"
I think he has a point actually. I believe that the half-lobster-half-man (or is it about 60%-40%?) Anyway (as my brain continues this annoying sidetracking...) as I was saying before I rudely interrupted myself.. The lobsterman is correct. I hate graphics and would prefer my steak! More games as steak rather than another cud-munching bovine if you will!

Sorry, I couldn''t help it

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement