🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How about to make offline version of forums

Started by
6 comments, last by Intsct 23 years, 8 months ago
While some of us 56k users dont want to make bills high, so why not to make offline version of forums(ddraw.zip, ai.zip ect...).
/* * Hello World!! */
Advertisement
Those zip files would be huge, you know that don''t you?
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
yep, but i mean those zips dont iclude _every_ posts.
(like: 34 how do i make bitmaps).
and not all of them in same zip.
I I
o (<--- Gggreat ASCII graph =))
\___/

/* * Hello World!! */
My point is that i dont wanna spend 12 hours reading that (really intresting) Hasbro law suit thing on net.

So why not making zips like:
ddraw.bmp.zip;
ddraw.dx7.zip etc...

or wiht those big files(like Hasbro) hasbro1.zip...???

When i first saw the light... I knew that my 16-bit light engine worked
/* * Hello World!! */
Although doing something like that would benefit some people, there is just no way we can do it. What you''re suggesting would require that someone would have to hand pick which threads to include, and with 150K posts already and over 300 new posts every day, it would take to much time to do by hand. There would be many complications with automation as well, and if we did that, the zips would be large anyway. I just can''t see a practical way to do this.
Why not do as I do, open all of the threads you want to read in new windows and then disconnect to read them all. Then reconnect and repeat as required...

"Success can make you persevere for hours, failure can make you quit in seconds" - KlDzny
"Success can make you persevere for hours, failure can make you quit in seconds" - KlDzny
ok. got your point.

/* * Hello World!! */
That, and we pay for the site with the money generated by banner ads. An offline version would cause a disproportionate use of bandwidth versus the money we bring in.

We''re running the site essentially for free as it is, to give you an idea of how much we make over bills.

---
Michael Tanczos

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement