Advertisement

Fullscreen Flickering (Win32)

Started by January 24, 2005 03:46 PM
2 comments, last by penetrator 19 years, 7 months ago
I'm basing my OpenGL code on NeHe's first few tutorials. I've got the latest basecode, and it looks identical to me, except for the code structure and layout. It works fine in windowed, runs smooth and nice, but as soon as I go to full screen I see a lot of flickering horizontal black lines across the scene. I'm currently just rendering a very simple scene, a lit texturemapped spinning cube. I'm pretty sure it's vsync related, and I'm seeing shearing of the image, but how do I fix it without resorting to vsync? I've seen countless games and demos that do this, so how do they? On a side note when two friends tested it it worked fine, they didn't see any lines or flickering. They have slower cards tho, a GF4 and some Radeon, where I have a GF fx, dont know if that has anything to do with anything. Any help would be apreciated.
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac
Are you using double buffering, that would be my guess as to why it might be flickering, that you might not have double buffering initialized, but you might just want to check and make sure that it is on. If it is being double buffered than I don't know why, maby its something with your GFX card.

Good luck.
Advertisement
Must be that, but then it shouldn't look good on other systems. Oh well, I got my "Beginning OpenGL Programming" book today, so hopefully my answer is in there.
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac
I think your screen is running at 60Hz when you go in fullscreen mode. That's typical of geforce cards in opengl environment. Go at www.guru3d.com, donwload and install the geforce refresh rate fix.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement