Advertisement

problems with Window class

Started by January 27, 2005 07:05 PM
6 comments, last by chadwic 19 years, 7 months ago
Whenever i try to compile anything with the Window class it can not find it. The examples i've seen all get the class from org.lwjgl.opengl but it is not there. do i have a bad version or is it located elsewhere?
Are you sure you mean an actual C++ class, or a (microsoft) window class. These are quite different things. I don't know of any standard C++ "Window" class, unless this class is given to you with the examples.
Advertisement
What language are you using (from your org.lwjgl.opengl stuff it looks like it might be Java) first of all? If you are using a tutorial/article/whatever which one are you using? I don't know of any standard C++ Window class, and I'm not familiar enough with Java to give you any kind of useful response.

Hope it helps and good luck!
- fyhuang [ site ]
I am using java. i was looking at example lesson 5 on the nehe site.
Sorry, I assumed C++ because, well... I shouldn't have.

[edit] Now, I don't know java, but this may be what you are looking for. In fact, I saw references to awt in the lesson
Thanks for the effort, but unfortunately replacing the intended class with the one provided in java.awt does not solve the problem. The functions used in the Window class that the example code comes from are not in the java.awt.Window class. The reason I am trying to use this example is because I am definately a noob and trying to see examples so I can get a foothold on where to start.
Advertisement
The packages/classes have been rearranged. The Window functionality is now encapsulated within the org.lwjgl.opengl.Display class. There is a sample showing how to setup your window here.
Thanks for that last post. It should have been obvious that it used the Display class rather than the Window class. I had already seen code similar to the link you gave. I just didnt put them together in my mind. Thanks for the help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement