🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Results posted

Started by
7 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 2 months ago
At long last, the results of the contest have been posted. You can see the full list of the winners and download their entries here. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Advertisement
Wow - Well done Rick!
Indeed. Everyone at QUALCOMM has been very impressed with Downforce. At the GDC, we'll be showing demo phones using our 3D hardware running a number of games, including ports of EA's Need for Speed Underground 2, Gameloft's Asphalt, Hudson Soft's ZRacer (an original title developed for our platform), a few other games developed by commercial game developers that I can't mention yet... and Downforce. Rick's in some very good company.

Clips of Downforce will also be shown along with clips from those other games in a demo reel being shown in ATI's booth. We'll be showing the same demos throughout the year at other conferences.

If he wants to, Rick can definitely turn this into a job in the mobile gaming industry.
Hi. Congratulations to all of you especially Rick. The game is great, especially the way it is done. Are those ships are 2D? I have the impression that is a 3d render applied on just 2 triangles. but the feeling while playing it is great. The others are very funny too. I love watching/playing them. Great work guys. See you at the next contest. Bye.
Thanks for the comments.

I'll certainly be using this to get a job in the industry ;). Will there be any conferences in Europe where the demo will also be shown?

meeshoo: The ships are very lowpoly 3D. I think the ship has less than 100 polies, so it does look like a triangle.

I've tried all the demos, and the all look quite nice. I especially liked the dancing flowers one ;)
Congratulations Rick! This is your chance, grab a publisher! [grin]

By the way, this is really funny since my name is Rick and I'm from the Netherlands too.. Hehe.. Awesome! Now I can say that I'm you!
What happened with the "3D Screen Savers" category and the 3rd place of "3D Demos"?
There probably weren't any entries in those categories.
I asked because I'm a beginner in game programming and stuff like that, and I wanted to make a screen saver for the contest, but I couldn't finish it in time; so I thought that to present something I wasn't completely happy with, it was better to not send it.

So my question is: if I'd had presented something a little mediocre, could I have won??

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement