🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Reichpunk

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 3 months ago
"The war has ended! the war has ended!! Our forces have come out victorious in this great crusade to rid the world of evil. Heil Hitler! Heil Hitler!..." War, war never changes...this is the comunique that was heard in the radios of every home around nazi europe...The Ardennes were re-taken, the russian red army was stopped on its tracks and surrounded(eventually massacred), England is succesfully invaded, America fighting a multi- front war signs an armistice with the Axis powers. slowly a dystopian society emerges from the ruins of Europe. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------MISC. FACTS---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---THE AXIS & its territories--- Nazi Germany (Europe & the Atlantic) Fascist Italy (the Mediterranean) Imperial Japan (Asia & the Pacific) Vichy France (North Africa) Nacionalist Spain (Latin America-used as a lapdog by Germany) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The final solution = "call to the homeland" myth The extermination of sub-humans and "undesirables", is a tightly guarded secret of the III Reich. To explain their absence, the nazi propaganda machine made up a story about them just answering the call of their master race and dissapearing into the sunset. Just the most high-ranking officials know about the final solution, most nazi european-borne citizen believe "the call to the homeland" story to be a 100% accurate. They did a pretty good job of demonizing the "sub-humans". -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Everyone outside the axis sphere of influence refers to Europe as "The Ruins". -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hitler is alive, connected to life support machines in a maximum security facility. Members of Hitler's youth are sacrificed to keep him alive. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ghost Pilots Veteran RAF pilots of the war still fly and commit small-time raids from time to time. Germans are never able to intercept them. They are believed to be the ghosts of veteran pilots of the war. They fly in souped-ip spitfires and have very good reflexes for their age (70s and 80s). zone of operation: The british ghetto -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fountain of Life Program SS men have multiple brides to be able to breed more babies and thus multiply the aryan race. this are subsequentaly kidnapped and incorporated into the program, then they are adopted by an SS family.The children never meet their natural parents. children with aryan features are searched and subsequentaly kidnapped by the germans all over Europe. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- IF YOU PRICK US DO WE NOT BLEED? IF YOU TICKLE US DO WE NOT LAUGH? IF YOU POISON US DO WE NOT DIE? AND IF YOU WRONG US SHALL WE NOT REVENGE? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- German experimentation with atomic energy has led to an exclusively-atomic powered village. Still en experimental phase, but seems to be working flawlessly. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- German space program is advanced enough to make regular flights into space and even put men on the moon. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are no prisons in the III Reich. Instead, criminals are sent to concentration camps where they are later deployed to different construction proyects to work as labor force. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Religion is illegal in Nazi Europe. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ireland became a secret weapons development, research and test facility of the germans. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Russians weren't completely exterminated during the complete occupation of their country by joint german/japanese forces. Some escaped and seeked refuge in the barren lands of Siberia. Mikhail kalashnikov was among the survivors and took with him the design of his automatic rifle, it is now developed in house-bound weapon shops and sold throghout Europe. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the Japanese believe they are racially pure and are led by a divine being in the form of Emperor Hirohito. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Finland became the Scandinavian Superpower thanks to its alliance with Germany during the war, but the population does not agree with the methods they use. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Most of the military machines that were used in the war are still in service in the axis armies as there is no real reason to replace them (seeing as there are no real threats anymore). Budget is spend on civilian proyects(and in secret weapons research). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Some things that makes REICHPUNK REICHPUNK ºNazis ºDystopian society with undertones of post-apocalypse ºQuirky and strange technology ºWonder weapons ºradical experimentation (weird science) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DESCRIPTION ºRPG ºS.P.E.C.I.A.L. system ºfirs-person/third-person view º3-D ºopen-ended, non-linear -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- some Wonder Weapons -vortex gun -sound cannon -wind cannon -sun gun -electric gun -ice bomb -Peenemunde arrow shells -K5E "Anzio Annie" etc... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- "letter of transit" allows the bearer to travel at will around Nazi Europe. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A DYSTOPIA is a fictional society where the conditons of life are extremely bad due to deprivation, oppresion or terror. An imaginary wretched place, the opposite of utopia. well this is all I have at the moment, feel free to suggest any ideas or changes gameplay ideas are welcome too.
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."Ralph Waldo Emerson
Advertisement
Sounds interesting but some parts are highly unrealistic. You should have a closer look at the architecture that Albert Speer planned for Berlin... Think gigantomy, not ruins. Even when the fall of the Third Reich was inevitable in early 1945, Speer still met with Hitler in his bunker and talked about his former plans. I'm very positive that the Nazis would have realised their insane dreams within a few years. Just look at the large sub-terran facilities they built when the air raids of the allied forces reached their climax. Within months whole factories were built underground. Even today historians still discover unfinished underground bases (some of them are still in use by the German military today).

I like the idea of strange technology and weird science - that's exactly what I would expect from this bunch of weirdos. The religion thing doesn't quite fit. Heathen rites where very popular among the Nazis and Hitler was known to be very open for esotheric crap (AFAIK). Instead of a ban on religion I'd put in some Indiana Jones-like hunting for religous relics. Also add the search for Atlantis (e.g. true origin of the aryan race - damn, I'm thinking of Indie 4 all the time [smile]).

I'd put the post-apocalyptic scenario into the regions of Russia, China and other invaded countries, while making the "Homeland" some kind of pseudo-Utopia (the true horror should be very subtle - think Half Life's City 17 but with nice buildings and parks[wink]).

[edit]
Some inspiration:

Model of the North-South-Axis planned for Berlin.
The center was planned to be the "Great Hall", 290m high and 230m in diameter.

Model of the German Stadium planned for Nürnberg.

[/edit]
thanks, great stuff
yeah I think I didnt explain this, but yes there would be a regions in Europe that are not under complete control of the germans.
this areas are:
-northern france & the low countries
-siberia (in Russia)

the ghettos (think of the warsaw ghetto in the pianist)
-England
-Eastern Europe (altough the germans are losing their grip here, things are about to get very ugly here).

Im focusing mainly on the European region, hence the reason why I did not elaborate on Asia or the Americas (North and Latin America).

Oh and I know is highly unrealistic that Germany could have won the war but I might have exagerated a bit (well a lot)..they managed to win by using their whole wonder weapons on the allies.
Unreal but makes for a good backstory.

in the religion subject, well eventually religion would be pushed out of the Regime (Im well aware of the influence occultism had on some of the highest ranking nazi officers, maybe I can include some SS Anherbe side quests).
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."Ralph Waldo Emerson
In Hitler's Third Reich, the ruling class and its boot-licking servants probably thought they were living in Utopia, but political dissidents and concentration camp inmates where sure they were living in Dystopia.

one person's heaven can be another person's hell.

I read this somewhere on the internet.
Well, our idea's of utopia change, too. Plato's Republic was a utopia, but nobody today would want to live there - there's no freedom as we know it. C S Lewis wrote a long poem about it (Dymer) that might be interesting (at least the first canto).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Believe me: What you want is to read Robert Harris's Fatherland. It is so close to being your dystopic uchrony that you would even have to ask him for owner's rights...

Faithfully Yours,
Nicolas FOURNIALS

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement