🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Cover-Up Storyline Project!!!

Started by
32 comments, last by Th3 7ru7h 19 years, 4 months ago
I am also Spartan 151 just to let you all know. Im still at school. Do you guys really think that this game storyline that Im creating might be something that gamers would want to play?
Advertisement
EDIT: Sorry for Double Post AGAIN!

[Edited by - Th3 7ru7h on March 17, 2005 1:01:27 PM]
Ok guys. Im pretty much done with the intro of the story. I wanted to see if anyone wanted to put togeather a movie beginning with a kid walking with his father in a high-tech city. Then getting attack by those soldiers. If anyone would like to do this please contact me or something. Thanks!

PS: Story and Game is now going to be called Cover-Up! Please let me know your oppinions about this!

[Edited by - Th3 7ru7h on March 17, 2005 11:23:15 PM]
Before you journey out into the writer's abyss (is that a real place?), I would recommend that you spend some time reading a few mythology books. You can't go wrong with Joseph Campbell's "Hero with a Thousand Faces". I think reading that book (or even skimming it) would give you a better place to begin creating your own character's journey...and for a deeper universe to draw from, some study of his other books (especially the "Masks of the Gods") as well as a brief study of the various (popular) world religions would also give you a good place to begin developing deeper, richer, and better stories as well as the worlds in which to tell them.
______________________________________________The title of "Maxis Game Designer" is an oxymoron.Electronic Arts: High Production Values, Low Content Values.EA makes high-definition crap.
Quote: Original post by Spartan 151
Mabey we can use that if its ok with you!

no problem.
---------------Magic is real, unless declared integer.- the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Go ahead. I suppose anything that is volunteered here is...uhh... volunteered? that means that it is brought to you in order that you actually use it if you are pleased with it? like presents?

As for mine, you can have them, I have no use for ideas about the games developped by other people.

Yours faithfully,
Nicolas FOURNIALS
Well you see im stuck guys. Im having trouble making this whole game seem like there is a cover up running to protect Militia HQ. Who is doing the cover up? Why are they doing it? Why did the soldiers of Militia attack Hinsen Alaska Streets and kill over thousands of people? Im still trying to put the pieces of the puzzles all togeather before I advance further. I do understand why this is hard and all now but remember my quote in the update to my story...

"It's been known to be told that it doesn't take a 30 year old to tell a story, let me tell you mine..." Kevin W.
Well since you are intent on marblizing your quote, you may want to check the grammar:

"It's been known to be told..." doesn't sound correct and I would recommend using a semicolon (;) instead of a comma before "let me tell you mine".

If you wanted to go the classic mythology route (or perhaps you could call it "borrowing a popular plot point from Christianity"), you could say that the soldiers were looking for "the Child/the One/the Redeemer (of some kind)". During the boy's adolescence, the attack on the town was to find someone foretold to be a great figure in the future of [insert place]. That "Child" had a destiny.

And that Child was Brock Rynes and this was the beginning of his hero's journey...
______________________________________________The title of "Maxis Game Designer" is an oxymoron.Electronic Arts: High Production Values, Low Content Values.EA makes high-definition crap.
Hell Yes JUST WHAT I WAS THINKING TOO. But you got to it first! Thanks bro you rock!
I would go to a different route than merely finding the "One"

how about the whole town was just an experiment. perhaps implants were installed in the townsfolk (to collect data for newer cyborgs/weapons). Something went wrong with the experiment, and the townspeople were on the verge of discovering that their yearly "check-ups" had more sinister motives. The town was "cleansed" of the experiment because the Militia HQ wouldn't want the general populace to know they were just guinea pigs. Dead men tell no tales.

perhaps Brock's mom was the first to find out about the townsfolk experiments. and had to be put out of the picture. Unknown to the everyone, Krystal has the key to the cover-up. she has the last implant in her. the only proof left to expose the HQ.

HQ doesn't know this, Brock doesnt know this. even Krystal has only faint ideas bsed on the information given by their mother. What sort of circumstance will lead the Father, the Son and the Key in one place and one time?

---------------Magic is real, unless declared integer.- the collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement