🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I have a suggestion... :)

Started by
5 comments, last by Jumpster 23 years, 7 months ago
I have found one thing that annoys me with this web-site and perhaps you can remedy this for me. Since you are storing our user ID and PASSWORD in a cookie already(?), can''t you add another value that says "Automatically log me in when I come in here"? There have been many times that I would go to reply to a post and just before clicking the Reply button, I realized I have not logged in yet. That''s my suggestion... What do ya think? Regards, Jumpster
Regards,JumpsterSemper Fi
Advertisement
Happened to me yesterday..
There does exist such a thing, because I USE IT. Under where you are posting is a little check box that says "Check here Remember Details." and it remembers your info in the cookie. Check that, press reply to topic (or make modifications) and you are set

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

quote: Original post by dwarfsoft

There does exist such a thing, because I USE IT. Under where you are posting is a little check box that says "Check here Remember Details." and it remembers your info in the cookie. Check that, press reply to topic (or make modifications) and you are set

Heh, I have never understood what that checkbox meant. Maybe the wording should be more clear?

-Jussi
I think that you are right, but there should also be that box in the login section too

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

I thought that the "Check here Remember Details." was for when you click the "Reply to Post" button instead of the "Reply to Message" Icon. I thought by checking that box it would automatically include the contents of the last message for you.

I still think it should be an option with the password section at the front.

Regards,
Jumpster
Regards,JumpsterSemper Fi
I thought that check box meant that it saved all the little details of your post, like the icon you used. I could never change that stupid icon, so I guess i shoulda figured it was for something else...

==============================
"Need more eeenput..."

- #5, "Short Circuit"
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement