Advertisement

shutdown at startup

Started by April 03, 2005 07:00 PM
5 comments, last by Rob Loach 19 years, 5 months ago
im sorry that this is in the wrong forum, but i have a big problem. i installed zone alert and right after i installed it, my computer shuts down immediately after i login. when i login, the command prompt comes up and says something about shutdown. i can't read it all because it shuts down too quickly. but thats only when i use the administrator. the guest has the same message but doesn't shut down. any advise would be appreciated. im using windows xp.
Viruses like this are so high in number, and so easy to create, im assuming that is what you have, i would post how, but i dont want to start a spread.

And WTF does this have to do with NEHE!!???!
Advertisement
sorry, is there any way to get rid of this thread then? by the way, would you happen to know any forums that may help?
If you can get to start -> run or the command line in time, type shutdown -a which will abort the shutdown.
thanks, but it shuts down way too quick
I think you might be able to press shift or ctrl or something to cancel startup items. Also, you could try booting into safe mode.
Advertisement
You could either boot in safe mode and uninstall the application, or boot in DOS and delete the files you think are dealing the damage.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement