Advertisement

C# OpenGL Obj Model Viewer

Started by April 05, 2005 11:50 PM
-1 comments, last by jnewman 19 years, 5 months ago
I have just started working on a model viewer for alias .obj files in C#. The model classes are rough, but they seem to work well with several .obj files downloaded from the net. They do not support any advanced features yet. They do support polygons, normals (Only if the normals were saved with the model; No calculating normals on the fly), and basic GL lighting. No advanced surfaces(yet). No Smoothing groups (yet). The source is in C# using the 2.0 beta framework and the VisualC# express product beta. All collections created using Generics :P. I thought some people out there might find the code usefull for tool development (Level Designers, Model Viewers, etc...) Contents: - Basic Rendering - * NeHe C# GL Base Code, in a managed dll. - Basic Model - * Basic Model class with support for loading .obj files and saving via binary serialization. * Models will create thier own display list. (includes normals) - Testing - * No automated tests available as I can't get NUnit to work with 2.0 beta framework yet. (Send an email if you have done this, please...) * There are 2 test projects. (1) Console app that loads a model and reports the elapsed load time. (2) Windows Forms app that renders the specified model to the GL Control provided in the Nehe C# OpenGL Base Code. Send an email if there is interested... jersam@sbcglobal.net mephisto@constable1972.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement