Advertisement

problem with modifying lesson 32

Started by April 06, 2005 05:58 AM
-1 comments, last by kevthecelt 19 years, 5 months ago
hi, im just havin some weird problems with the lesson 32 code, i have a method to make a 3d ship called drawShip(), which i call in the main draw method below, i what i want is my ship will appear in the foreground and the sky and ground will be rolling to give the illusion of movement, so i have not included the code for the sky and ground in the following code: glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); // Select The Projection Matrix glPushMatrix(); // Store The Projection Matrix glLoadIdentity(); glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); drawShip(); glPopMatrix(); // Crosshair (In Ortho View) RECT window; // Storage For Window Dimensions GetClientRect (g_window->hWnd,&window); // Get Window Dimensions glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); // Select The Projection Matrix glPushMatrix(); // Store The Projection Matrix glLoadIdentity(); // Reset The Projection Matrix glOrtho(0,window.right,0,window.bottom,-1,1); // Set Up An Ortho Screen glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); // Select The Modelview Matrix glTranslated(mouse_x,window.bottom-mouse_y,0.0f); // Move To The Current Mouse Position Object(16,16,8); // Draw The Crosshair // Game Stats / Title //glPrint(240,450,"NeHe Productions"); // Print Title glPrint(10,10,"Level: %i",level); // Print Level glPrint(250,10,"Score: %i",score); // Print Score if (miss>9) // Have We Missed 10 Objects? { miss=9; // Limit Misses To 10 game=TRUE; // Game Over TRUE } if (game) // Is Game Over? glPrint(490,10,"GAME OVER"); // Game Over Message else glPrint(490,10,"Morale: %i/10",10-miss); // Print Morale #/10 glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION); // Select The Projection Matrix glPopMatrix(); // Restore The Old Projection Matrix glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW); // Select The Modelview Matrix glFlush(); // Flush The GL Rendering Pipeline } as you can see the code is the exact same pretty much, as the existing code from lesson 32, but i have added the drawShip() command, the program compiles but you cant see the level scrolling by, the ship appears as desired but the colours are weird and it seems to be glowing or something :/ can anybody help me with this? as i really dont know whats going on, maybe something to do with the matrices??
go hard or go home :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement