🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AS Crash.

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 2 months ago
I'm having a problem with the stable release of 2.1.0 I just upgraded from WIP4. it appears that even this script crashes it: void main() { int x = 0; } The debug version of the library works fine. The problem seems to be when BUILD_WITHOUT_LINE_CUES is removed from the preprocessor defines.
Advertisement
I'm not sure what it could be. I just tested the library in release mode without the BUILD_WITHOUT_LINE_CUES flag, both with C++ VM and ASM VM and everything works fine.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

hmm.
*edit*
I will try to see if i can find some more stuff out. The problem is that it did not give me a source file where the error occured, just disassembly of which i am weak at deciphering.

*edit again*
Well, wow. I woke up this morning and recompiled both AS and my app and magically everything works.

I'll never know what happened.
That happens to me as well, at times. Usually it that MSVC didn't recompile all the project files for some reason, so that while the linker succeeds there are still binary incompatibilities between modules.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement