🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Who would play a game about making a zoo?

Started by
15 comments, last by misterme 23 years, 7 months ago
Hey, I was just wondering who would play a game about making a zoo? You would be able to set the animals loose to run around and kill everyone in your zoo if they didn''t like your zoo. any suggestions for a zoo game? thanx. -misterpersonguy
Advertisement
And would that be a publicity stunt? If you did that then I don''t think that anybody except the feds would go to your zoo. If it is a sim, then doing so would suck (you would lose). Nice idea though, I think there was a Jurrasic Park zoo-like game... Hmmm

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

Cool, and you should be able to cross breed your animals to create wacky new species.
The cross breeding should take time and many iterations though as it must creates subtle changes in the siblings.
I think SimZoo could be great !
If you are sticking with real animals, you definitly should have escaping animals slaughtering your visitors, akin to the disasters in SimCity, get your park keepers to trank them and haul em back into the cages...

keep it funy though, have waste disposal problems
monkeys that throw crap out through the bars (popular in a zoo near here) etc etc..

If you get wacky animals, you want a gene splicer and just dump two animals in and produce a new one, what about a wooly snake that goes BAA, or a Hippografe, etc.. A Crocokey..

I thought theme park was good, ThemeZoo could be good too if kept amusing
LOL! But make sure that the player can''t splice the DNA of an Elephant and a Pot Belly Pig

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

Thanks for the suggestions.
It is going to be 3d, and kind of cartoony.
would you get rewards like in the simcity series?
Misterme, you are new to game design yes? There is plenty of reading material on it here at gamedev. Just go to the homepage and click on Developer Resources. Have a good read. But can i just say that making these sorts of threads really does degrade a lot of people who are trying there damnest to make Game Design as respectable a career as possible. It''s not easy you know and this does NOT help. Come on, please.

One more time for the dumbies
ar+gu+ment n. A discussion in which reasons are put forward in support of and against a proposition, proposal, or case; debate.
How does that degrade game design. this post is about game design and is in the Game Design section of the forum. i don''t see a problem with that.
I don''t really see anything wrong with this thread apart from the very short messages, Paul...
Leave the moderation to me.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement