🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

COMMENTS

Started by
9 comments, last by MadKeithV 23 years, 7 months ago
Post any complaints or comments about my moderation here. It''s the public place to argue with me about all things pertaining to how I handle this forum. Here are the rules: Stay civilised. This goes for me as well as everyone else, and you can complain here if I get uncivilised . Stay on topic. This thread is ONLY for the discussion of how I moderate, not for anything else. Off-topic posts will be deleted and held against the poster for not reading the purpose of the thread. In line with the previous point: do not spam this thread. I get notified by email when someone replies because I consider this an important thread. Spamming and unnecessary replies will fill this thread and my mailbox quickly, and only result in me being in a foul mood when I log in. Don''t abuse this thread. Post only important quarrels, not things like how I miss-spelled words or got my punctuation wrong. I hope this thread provides a service, I''ll always keep an open mind about whats posted here. People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel. Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Advertisement
I think you should buy some new fingers and/or enhanced you''re dexterity trait in order to avoid erasing thread when you want to correct them

Other than that I''ve no complaints.
Everything you did sofar is ok for me, keep up the goood work

(I hope you won''t delete that post or I''ll have to comment ;p )

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
I see nothing wrong with your moderation, but you have sometimes answered, in my opinion, too rudely to people. Of course everyone has their bad days, and I understand you must bear a lot of shit posts, but you are supposed to be some kind of an example, yes?

-Jussi
Don''t ask other to do what you can''t.
This is a wize sentence.

I don''t think I can do best than MKV...

OK, I think I need to make an apology, and seeing as you are notified by email about this then I know that you will hear it. I have to apologise for my one liners. I know that they are unnacceptable, but I sometimes forget if I am in the lounge or not. I specifically apologise for the Tiberia thread, but I disagree that it should have been closed... Just moved to the lounge where it could be discussed to completion.

Anyway... I will try and keep my behaviour to having relevant and bodysome posts, as I have been trying to do recently. Also, sorry about that "ICK! Its not me. Some reason its posting 2 by it" thread that popped up. It was me that resurected it, but I did it by accident (I was replying to a number of other posts and I thought it was a different one). The reason why I was actually in that post? I was going through all of the old thread and saving them to disk.

Anyway... I hope you aren''t going to behead me or anything. You should know that I consider you a fair and decent moderator and a friend. Sometimes idiocy can just affect me though. It is not an excuse, but an explanation. I hope that all can be forgotten (well, forgiven at least).

Sincerely, Chris

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

*smiles*
I should explain that I''m very rarely angry at any action of any of the posters. There have been a few exceptions, but these were very obvious.

The Tiberia thread was actually semi-ontopic for a while, but then degenerated. That''s why I didn''t move it to the lounge, but closed it. It HAD been a Game Design thread, and it did not belong fully in the lounge.

About the one liners, they don''t bother me that much, just when a thread degrades into a barrage of them. I''ve seen that happen in the lounge a lot ( with some going to the point of just posting "*LOL*" in a message. ). There''s no real need here to post personal reactions unless you really do have something (short) to add to the discussion.

The "It''s posting by 2" thread, I can barely remember. It only had like three message in it or something, so it was just a bit of a waste of space that got cleaned. No hard feelings on that one at all.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I don''t know much about the history of GameDev, having only gotten here just a few months ago, but... in my experience MKV''s made the design corner very "livable." The posts are kept on topic, the atmosphere is really friendly (not like some other forums... *ahem*), and I get a lot of benefit from the board.

So, MKV, you get two thumbs up from me! I think you''ve been fair, on top of things, and a great moderator.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
I definitely agree with Wav, the state of the Game Design forum is always kept in good shape. Great job MKV. I don't want to know what this place would be like without the moderators to keep us in line.

-Ironblayde
 Aeon Software

Next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away.

Edited by - Ironblayde on November 17, 2000 4:02:31 PM
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
yeah, MKV, you''re doing a great job. You have maintained a good balance of not being too strict, and not allowing threads to go crazy either.

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.

Click here to see my current project.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Yes i did get annoyed when the thread was deleted mainly due to its abruptness. Just to clear the air i''ve no more quarrels on that issue. I can see that it can be easy to be seen as a hypocrite when placed in positions of responabilities like a moderator. Can i suggest that an update of the FAQ here would probably help yourself MKV from appearing this way and would assist in keeping the regualar posters here on good terms with you. My comment about your profile signature was uncalled for and i do appoligize if this has caused you any greivance. My sincer appologies MadKeithV!

I also believe that it is better to have an active moderator than an inactive one although this will always lead to the likelyhood of pissing someone off, yes i''m aware of this. Basically i was pissed off but i am no longer and i hope that now that the air has been cleared then you an i can continue to get along as we always have. And yes, if i do have any further problems i will contact you by email first instead of unwittingly causing any potential public embarresments.

Once again i hope this calms the Karma here and i thank you for allowing myself to disclaim my thoughts in this manner. It''s very decent of you MKV. Thank you.

One more time for the dumbies
ar+gu+ment n. A discussion in which reasons are put forward in support of and against a proposition, proposal, or case; debate.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement