🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Manipulating Scenes with Scripts...

Started by
0 comments, last by Teknofinity 23 years, 7 months ago
How would you go about writing a program for writing scripts in C? I though it would be easy to make dialog and actions between two characters in a game more fluent by making scripts between them. Like in theory: (WITH CHR1) (WALKTO) !CHR2! (/WALKTO) (TURNTOWARDS) !CHR2! (/TURNTOWARDS) (DIALOG) "Hello " Name "." (/DIALOG) (TURNTOWARDS) !EVIL_THING! (/TURNTOWARDS) (DIALOG) "Die Die Die" (/DIALOG) (TURNAWAY) !EVIL_THING! (/TURNAWAY) (/WITH CHR1) Thanx in Advance... Be kind to your wives and girlfriends by leaving the breast and thigh examination to Colonel Sanders!!!! Edited by - teknofinity on 11/21/00 1:01:31 PM
Be kind to your wives and girlfriends by leaving the breast and thigh examination to Colonel Sanders!!!!
Advertisement
If you''re interested in taking this approach, I strongly suggest you check out RPG Maker 2000 (http://rpgmaker.chat.ru/). It uses an intuitive scripting engine for just about every aspect of the game. I''m sure you can get some great ideas from it.

GDNet+. It's only $5 a month. You know you want it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement