🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone use .mod/.it/.s3m?

Started by
3 comments, last by Ronald Forbes 23 years, 7 months ago
Is using .it/.mod/.s3m files in a game a very viable option? I really like using Impulse Tracker and I find it really really easy to use. I''ve made a bunch of remakes of RPG music on Impulse Tracker. Does anyone actually use this type of music in their games?
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
Advertisement
Sure, There''s no problem in using .it/.mod/.s3m files in a game. Many games these days use that, and although I don''t remember exactly which ones do, I do know that Unreal Tournament uses it. If implimenting it with DirectSound (or any other api for that matter) was at least documented somewhere or there was some kind of tutorial somewhere I''m sure you would probably see quite a bit more of them in games (non-commercial ones).
Actually - we used all .XM for our physics demo/game that we made. I found that it was much easier to diskwrite all of them, dress them up a bit in a sound editor, and then encode them as MP3.

-Chris
www.mp3.com/dizzyball
-Chris
Hmm, very interesting. Thanks for the input. I guess there is a reason to keep the tracker. I''m sure there''s some API out there that does those sorts of files. I''ll find it.
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
Check out the modplug SDK at http://www.jps.net/olivierl

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement