Advertisement

[4E4] Are you competing?

Started by June 10, 2005 05:21 PM
84 comments, last by ToohrVyk 19 years, 2 months ago
I'm in! Not sure what genre. Most likely some sort of adventure/action (more adventure than action). 3D with OpenGL, etc.
I like the DARK layout!
I'll do my best. I'm thinking a cartoony platformerish 3d game. Cartoony because that makes the graphics so much easier to do well. Libraries? GLFW. Thats about it, I do my own dirty work. Oh yea, FMOD for sound if I get that far. I'm not that good at sound stuff.

[Edited by - RAZORUNREAL on June 11, 2005 12:34:51 AM]
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Advertisement
I'm competing and keeping it simple.

However I only have three weeks from the 23rd to work on it before Semester 2 starts.
Like others, whether I actually submit something is questionable, but hey - it's the first time in a while I've had something concrete to aim for (in terms of gamedeving) and felt like putting some effort toward, so I guess I'm in.

API : Java + associated libraries
Genre : Side-scroller RPG style

Everyone seems to be doing theirs in C++ ... where are the C# folks, or C nazis ?
- stormrunner
I'm in! I'm going to use my own DirectX-based engine - the graphics will utilize the latest shader technology available to general users (SM3), and sounds are fully 3d. Of course, fallbacks are to be implemented for sm2 and ffp capable graphics cards.

As for the actual game, I have designed the core already and will begin implementing it next week. The genre is a "trade" secret, but it will incorporate all four elements and borrows some gameplay elements from a very successful game series of the past.

Niko Suni

Quote: Original post by stormrunner
Like others, whether I actually submit something is questionable, but hey - it's the first time in a while I've had something concrete to aim for (in terms of gamedeving) and felt like putting some effort toward, so I guess I'm in.

API : Java + associated libraries
Genre : Side-scroller RPG style

Everyone seems to be doing theirs in C++ ... where are the C# folks, or C nazis ?

You know, if it looks like have to fall back to a more rapid development language I'll use C#. Thing is I've had issues getting the installers I create to work when using managed directx, and I would hate to get zeros. Seems to centre around people "thinking" they have DirectX9c installed when they need DirectX9c April or June.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Advertisement
I might make something if I have some free time... I'll have to gamble the .NET 2.0 is released in time.

Gerne: No idea for now
Laguage/API: C# 2.0, OpenGL
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
We may compete. Depends on if I can get a short demo up (using ogre) showing some gameplay to my team mates.

We are looking for a project to do for the summer.

Basically we have in mind a space top-down shooter. We will use a 3D engine but everything will be 2D.

We want to get something work first then improve upon it.

I'm too tired to go into details right now...

I might compete... I intend to design a side-scrolling beat-up-everyone/everything-you-see-on-the-screen-before-you-meet-the-big-bad-boss game [grin]
Intend to use SDL, SDL_image and SDL_mixer to handle just about everything.
If all the people that posted here actually turn something in, that will be an impressive lot of games. Of course half of them (myself included) will probably not make it :P

MY plan is to make the most awesome top-down adventure game you've ever seen, and win.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement