Advertisement

Humorous Philosophical Question...

Started by June 14, 2005 11:58 PM
29 comments, last by shmoove 19 years, 2 months ago
but what constitues a robot? Surly unless purly mechanical the item woudl be a cyborg ninja? And in this case would you then be penalised in the competition? In fact, if you use a ninja-robot robot-ninja combination will you be using 2 of the 4 types or non of them because you cant have a ninja-robot or vice verca?
You cant have ninja pirate or pirate ninja, pirates and ninjas are natural enemies, everyone knows that. [smile]
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Kwizatz
You cant have ninja pirate or pirate ninja

I beg to differ

[Edited by - Luctus on June 16, 2005 9:40:13 AM]
-LuctusIn the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams
Quote: Original post by shmoove
Quote: Original post by leiavoia
Is a Robot Ninja the same as a Ninja Robot?

You could say the same for any element pairing.

No, you can't, I mean... Robot Zombie (or Zombie Robot)? That combination is impossible.

shmoove

Quote:
Philosophical zombie or p-zombie, a person who lacks qualia and thus only appears to have a mind

could be a robot without any self

*shrugs*
Quote: Original post by Genjix
Quote:
Philosophical zombie or p-zombie, a person who lacks qualia and thus only appears to have a mind

could be a robot without any self

*shrugs*

Yeah, a Robot P-Zombie, sure, OK... but a Robot Zombie? Come on! Don't be ridiculous.

shmoove

What about frankenstein?
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Advertisement
He was made out of human parts. That would make him a p-zombie, I guess. No roboticity there.

shmoove
Quote: Original post by RAZORUNREAL
What about frankenstein?

What? You mean the good Dr. Frankenstein? Or do you mean Frankenstein's Creation?
[ Six Hour Game Contest | ( Thread | Blog | Wiki | 6hour Bio ) ][ Website | (Blog | Gallery ) ]
Oooooh, talk about splitting hairs.
Snap!

shmoove
@shmoove: So you don't mind if people call your computer by your name (pick any "creation" you've made instead of computer if you feel like it)? Or is Oppenheimer synonymous with A-bomb? What about Ford.. Ok bad axample [smile]

In my opinion robot ninja != ninja robot. I associate Ninja robot with a robot that mimics a ninja. Like the Santa robots you see waving in malls before Christmas. A Robot ninja sounds to me like a ninja that's really a robot. That is, it's sneaking around and cutting up people like a real ninja, but it's a robot.

To sum it up *-robot = animated representation of *, while robot-* is a real *, but the "job" is held by a robot instead of a human.

Or maybe I just need some sleep...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement