Advertisement

Does my character fit the role?

Started by June 15, 2005 09:56 PM
10 comments, last by superpig 19 years, 2 months ago
my main character is a computer program that is basically a computer virus reprogrammed for good. he resembles a robot and doesn't speak. does this qualify as a robot?

in my game there are corrupted files infected by HLLP's (high-level language parasites) basically the equivelent of headcrabs. these corrupted files are driven by the desire to spread the HLLP's to other programs, they no longer function in their original purpose. would this qualify as a zombie?

also, i have ninja like viruses and hackers. would a hacker/software pirate be considered a pirate?
Mr krispyw said it best:

Quote: Original post by ricekrispyw
I think basically what's been said is that, if an outsider, unfamiliar with the contest, would say "Yeah, that game's got [insert combination of character types here] in it." then it's OK. Otherwise, it doesn't count.

At least, that's how I unsderstand it.

I should see about getting that into the FAQ...

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement