Advertisement

Python + OpenGL = problems.

Started by June 23, 2005 12:55 PM
9 comments, last by Brian Leair 19 years, 2 months ago
Quote: Original post by Cannibal_Coder
I dont even have openGL.gl on my HD. Did a search for it an got nothing...the big bupkis. Thats my problem Im guessing.

Do you have numpy installed? How did you install PyOpenGL on your system? For example, did you start here?
http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/documentation/installation.html
and install Numpy v.23, and the python image library?

You might want to start out by checking that the version of python you have on your system matches up with what PyOpenGL needs. PyOpenGL is compiled to a specfic semi-major release of Python. The latest PyOpenGL (version 2.0.x) is built for Python release 2.3.

If you open a command termianl and type in "python" you will launch into interactive session of python, and it will report the Python version in the start banner.
If you need to use Python 2.4 you will have to rebuild PyOpenGL, which is pretty straight forward, though you have to install many more support packages, and you _must_ make sure your path is selecting the correct version of swig.

Older releases of both python and PyOpenGL are happy to coexist on your machine. If you are on windows, the PyOpenGL installer is pretty nice about detecting your installation of Python so everything goes to the right location. What system are you on?

Tell us the exact error message that is printed in your command window when you try to run your python program and we'll try to figure out what went wrong.
I'm assuming here that you have opened up a command shell and can enter something like:
python MyGlobalIlluminationFPS.py

-brian

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement