🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e4] WIP: Shootout

Started by
33 comments, last by Robomaniac 19 years, 1 month ago
I dunno whether this is the right place to post this, if not, sorry, ill correct it. I've begun work on my 4e4 entry, a simple shooter (still has to be improved a lot [optimizations, new enemy types, different models, physics, better levels, etc]). Anyways, here are a few screens: Screen1 Screen2 Screen3 Screen4
_____________________________Stephen EckenrodeProject Head / Lead Programmer<a href="http://www.centaurforce.com> Centaur Force
Advertisement
looking good man. very impressive turn around time on the shots.
haha, "physc!"

Another kick up the but for those of us still in eariler stages [wink]

Gonna give u some ratings for sharing [smile]

Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Remember the story of The Tortoise and the Hare? We'd all better hope you go to sleep. Like, for a few months...

You using an existing engine? If so, which one? If not, I'm afraid I'll have to kill you. In the nicest possible way.
___________________________________________________David OlsenIf I've helped you, please vote for PigeonGrape!
Impressive. You're using the psyonic3d zombie model? Great tutorial for anyoe wishing to follow it.
tutorial? clicky?
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Learned how to do this in the back of OpenGL Game Programming, you had better have online support or a decent story mode.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Quote: Original post by paulecoyote
tutorial? clicky?

Psionic3d Tutorials
Yes, there will be an online mode, I am using the psyonic3d model, but that might change, i was using it because it was already done. I am using ogre3d, the final level probably won't be terrain but will be sometype of indoor arena. There probably won't be a story mode, as I want to focus on making it networked and fun :)

Will post more screens eventually, thanks for all the feedback :)
_____________________________Stephen EckenrodeProject Head / Lead Programmer<a href="http://www.centaurforce.com> Centaur Force
Quote: Original post by Robomaniac
I am using ogre3d

Woah. When I first saw your shots I thought it looked like you were using OGRE. I must be psychic.

Nice work. I assume you have collision detection and everything in?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement