🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

WIP 3 and 4

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 11 months ago
I noticed you added the TYPEID bytecode. What are the possible uses for this as you see it happening? The 'any' type is useful for passing data from a script to the host app, and then I assume the host app uses the new GetTypeId functions to determine the proper variable type to cast to?
Advertisement
Exactly.

I also plan on introducing a new script operator typeid(expr) which determines the type of an expression. This can be useful for determining how to handle values contained in the any object.

To the application programmer, it will also simplify how types are handled, not only for the any object, but also for global variables, possibly the asIScriptGeneric interface, etc. I may also allow the application to register functions that can receive any type (just like the any object). I also intend to add support for examining the variables on the context stack, for debugging scripts.

Basically it is another of those minor things that makes everything so much easier to work with. :)

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement