Advertisement

Texture Mapping - Lesson 6

Started by July 11, 2005 12:09 AM
4 comments, last by eSCHEn 19 years, 2 months ago
Ok, I'm working with the Nehe tutorials & I attempted to go through lesson 6, upon tryign to run the code, Windows tells me that the app failed to start b/c I'm missing the glaux dll... so I'm not quite sure where to get it since glaux is unsupported and all... I'm using Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2 ... could someone please either point me in the direction of the DLL file or explain to me how to use the glaux replacement code in my own code? (Probably, the second is better, but for now I'll go with either solution). Thanks in advance -Mike
You can get the library here.
--
Cheers,
Darren Clark
Advertisement
Ah, thanks, it works now :)
No problems. Glaux is unsupported and discontinued, as well as having known memory leaks, so in time you will want to remove it and use alternate means of loading textures. Just so you know ;)

Happy coding!
--
Cheers,
Darren Clark
yep, I know Glaux is unsupported, but the Nehe tutorials use it & I wasn't quite sure how to do it w/out using Glaux (I've noticed jeff putt up a Glaux replacement, but I'm a bit confused on how to incorporate that into my code)

Are there any good tutorials about loading textures that don't rely on Glaux?
NeHe does drop glaux and moves onto Targas, ahh yes, here it is - lesson 24. There is a poster on these forums that has a link to some replacement code as well, I believe it is lc_overlord iirc.
--
Cheers,
Darren Clark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement