🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4e4] Just running an idea....

Started by
3 comments, last by nes8bit 19 years ago
Hey there, I haven't been around here since 4E3, but I thought I might give this contest another go. I did the Princess Perils entry last time, which was a little puzzle game with a built-in map editor with retro SNESish graphics. The game scored a shimmering 34th out of 44 places. :D I'm quite a bit less newbieish now though and I'm thinking about doing a remake of it for this contest in Flash. Part of it is to take place in the contest, but I also really want to outdo what I've done in the past based on what I've learned. The premise of the game involved a Knight and a Ninja as the main characters, so I already have one of the four new elements. I suppose I could replace the Knight with a Pirate, but that would just be too Pirate vs. Ninja for me. :) Anyway, all I have so far are a couple concept sketches and a few ideas, you think I should go through with this? Any advice would be hot, especially from anybody who played the old one. Thanks!
- Jason Neufeld (Phil. 3:12)http://lopar.shamby.org/
Advertisement
Do what you think. It's your game, and it's about your creativity. We want to see what you come up with.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
thanks for the response.. i didn't mean to imply that i needed tons of ideas or anything, i guess i mainly just wanted to present the idea and see if it's worth it to do a remake of an old entry. my bad on the miscommunication. thanks though! :)
- Jason Neufeld (Phil. 3:12)http://lopar.shamby.org/
Then I'd say sure. If you've got an existing code base, it's only that much easier. Plus, it's cool to compare a remake to the original to see just how amazingly far you've come.

Best of luck.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement